Our posts go through several editors’ hands before publication, but despite our best efforts… mistakes and oversights still happen! If you spot an error on any of the Offbeat Empire websites, we have a great tool called FIX TYPO that you can use to submit a correction.
Here’s how it works
- Highlight the post text that needs correcting.
- Click the “Fix Typo” button at the end of the post. A window will pop up, auto-populated with the text that you selected to fix.
- Fill out the required fields.
- Click submit!
- We get a message about your suggestion.
- As soon as we can, an editor goes in and make the correction.
Tip: You can skip step 1 if you don’t mind manually typing in the text.
- The Fix Typo button is a great way to get the real-life Offbeat Empire editors to make corrections on the sites.
- Please use it instead of leaving a blog comment, posting on Facebook, emailing the Empire, or tweeting about an inaccuracy. It’s the quickest way to get an error straight into the right hands for a fix.
- You can use the Fix Typo button to flag copy issue, not just typos! This can include broken links, factual errors, or even just problematic language.
If you have any questions about the FIX TYPO function, let us know below…