So, you’re new to the Offbeat Empire blog! This is awesome. I’m so stoked to have you here with us. I’m Ariel, and this blog is basically where I write about the behind-the-scenes business of running the Offbeat Empire, my network of lifestyle blogs. Here’s how to get started with this website…
- Sign up to get a dose of Offbeat Empire in your inbox every morning:
- Get social with us on Twitter or Facebook (Oh and of course we have an RSS feed.)
Ok, so before I link some of my most popular posts, you might want to read up on the history of the Offbeat Empire to get an idea of what we’re all about.
Now, here are some posts that give you a solid feel about what you’ll find here on the Offbeat Empire’s blog:
Community management and dealing with reader complaints:
* Liberal bullying: Privilege-checking and semantics-scolding as internet sport
* When is it cultural appropriation and when is it just kids playing dress-up?
* Online etymology: is “DERP” ableist?
* This website can’t be everything to everyone
* Editorial diversity hacks: when is tokenism ok?
* Why the Offbeat Empire usually ignores current events
* Hate-reads and how for-profit sites work
* Contagious content: the challenges of memes you don’t want
* 5 ways we optimize old blog posts into super sticky landing pages
If you have any questions about offbeatempire.com, or the Offbeat Empire itself, feel free to contact me! A lot of my posts on offbeatempire.com have been inspired by reader questions, so I’d love to hear from you.